"While You Were Slurping" is a weekly compilation of my best oyster finds. On Fridays, I will be posting a list of fun oyster links, stories, and photos that I've collected throughout the week. Get inspired, get hungry, and get shuckin'!
#INAHALFSHELL Oyster Instagrams of the Week: Which type of oyster eater are you? Fan of the perfect dozen to start, like @amanda_grus (left) or borderline fanatical, as captured by @jamesdamon9 (right)? Want your pic to be featured? Tag your IG’s with #INAHALFSHELL and follow @inahalfshellblog!
– Join me at the annual Oyster Frenzy by Grand Central Oyster Bar tomorrow!
– Which oyster does Waterbar’s Exec Chef Parke Ulrich covet the most?
– A lovely little guide to shellfish, as explained by my favorite shuck buddies
– One of the coolest oyster tasting events that’s happening this year (in VA) that I’m bummed about missing
– Artisanal Aperture captures the essence of oyster farming perfectly in this lovely vignette
– For my NYC’ers: wash down your oysters with whiskey… or is it the other way around?
– Very excited for Kate Livie’s imminent debut of her first book, Chesapeake Oysters: the Bay’s Foundation and Future
– Love these under-the-sea trinkets by baubles & barnacles!
Have a great oyster-filled weekend everyone!